Brew your own iced tea in minutes with Panasonic’s new electric kettle. Photo courtesy Panasonic.
|WHAT IT IS: A spicy soft drink.
|WHY IT’S DIFFERENT: Most electric kettles do the trick. This one does is to much more stylishly, is cool to the touch and has automatic shutoff when the water is boiled.
WHY WE LOVE IT: It’s easy, sustainable and cost effective, and we can brew top-quality tea.
|WHERE TO BUY IT: Amazon.com.
Brew delicious iced tea with ease. Photo © Eugene Bochkarev | Dreamstime.
Use An Electric Tea Kettle For Easy Iced Tea
June is National Iced Tea Month, a beverage some people drink all year long. We live in a northern clime, so tend to drink warm beverages in the cold weather.
But in the summer, count us in for five or six glasses of iced tea daily. We brew up a half gallon of iced tea every day—more if we’re expecting guests.
Brew it? Why not buy it and save the time and effort?
Why Brew Iced Tea?
The main reasons to brew your own are sustainability, cost and, if you have a good palate, better quality tea (or decaffeinated tea).
Save The Environment
As with water bottles, all of that extra plastic goes into landfill. Some people recycle, but that, too, requires energy and expense.
How much does a 16-ounce bottle of iced tea cost? About $1.79 where we live. Even if you buy them at club stores, you’re still paying a dollar—as opposed to pennies to brew your own.
Please Your Palate
Brew iced tea from loose tea or quality tea bags and enjoy superior tea flavor. We use great tea that never needs sugar.
People who limit their caffeine can also brew delicious decaffeinated teas.
The Panasonic C-ZK1 Kettle
Introduced last month as part of Panasonic’s new Breakfast Collection, this sleek, stainless steel and glass 1.4 liter tea kettle with 1500 watts of power. It’s $179.95 on Amazon.com. You can find an electric kettle for $25.00, but it doesn’t have these features:
- Quick to heat. It heats up water faster than a traditional tea kettle as well as budget-priced electric kettles. The 1.4 liter capacity equates to 47 ounces. Our pitcher holds 64 ounces. The water for the the extra 16 ounces heats in two minutes.
- Cool to touch. It has a cool-touch exterior.
- Automatic shutoff. A welcome safety feature, here’s automatic shutoff when the water has boiled.
- Ergonomic handle, streamlined spout. If you’ve ever had boiling water shoot out of a conventional kettle, you’ll appreciate how tidy this spout pours.
If you’re an iced tea lover, it’s the easy way to brew to your heart’s content.
Here’s how to brew iced tea.
- Great looking. You can bring the kettle portion to the table.
- Portable. You can boil water anywhere in the house or yard where you have an electrical outlet.
- Holds the heat. For hot tea or other hot beverage, it keeps the water warmer for a longer time than a conventional kettle.
Get yours from Amazon.com.
— Karen Hochman