Make a party of it by setting out different garnishes—pomegranate arils, mini chips, and nonpareils—and topping cookies with Jif’s Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate Spread. Photo by Elvira Kalviste | THE NIBBLE.
|WHAT IT IS: Fluffy, whipped peanut butter in creamy plus chocolate-peanut butter flavors.
|WHY IT’S DIFFERENT: As spreadable as frosting for dipping, icing, piping, etc.
WHY WE LOVE IT: What peanut butter cup lover wouldn’t love chocolate-peanut butter “frosting?”
|WHERE TO BUY IT: At retailers nationwide.
Jif’s Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate Spread atop peanut butter cookies. Here’s the recipe. Photo courtesy Jif.
A glorious crêpe cake. Here’s the recipe. Photo courtesy Jif.
Jif Whips Peanut Butter Spread
Usually, we write about artisan peanut butter brands, such as Cream-Nut, Pacific Beach and Peanut Butter & Co.
But were were tickled nutty with Jif’s new Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate spread—a spreadable evolution of the peanut butter cup. It’s part of the new Jif Whips line that also includes creamy whipped peanut butter.
Whipping air into anything creates a less dense product, the benefit of which is fewer calories per serving. So, for 150 calories and 8g sugar, you get two tablespoons of luscious Peanut Butter & Chocolate spread.
But even better, this is chocolate peanut butter frosting, ready to spread on cupcakes, cakes, bars, cookies—or eaten as “spoon candy.” You can:
- Dip it. All you need for a great snack are apple slices, celery sticks, crackers, pretzels and/or marshmallows. The wide-mouthed tub makes for easy dipping.
- Dollop it. Add a dollop to ice cream, pudding, loaf cake or cookies.
- Mix it. Turn Whips into dips by adding spices to the container; then turn out the dip into a serving bowl.
- Pipe it. It’s easy to pipe as a decoration: great for piping as topping or filling. And of course...
- Spread it. The fluffy texture of Jif Whipped Peanut Butter Spreads is delightfully smooth and spreadable—as frosting and filling.
Fun With Family & Friends
We enjoyed our first tubs of Jiff Whips family style. We challenged everyone with making their signature “Cookie Whip.”
We provided the ingredients, using what we had on hand:
- Assorted plain cookies: butter cookies, chocolate wafers, ginger snaps, shortbread
- Small candies: candied peanuts, gummies, mini chips, nonpareils, toffee bits
- Small fruits: blueberries, dried apple chips (crushed), coconut, pomegranate arils,
- Options: anything else that you have that works
Everyone got a butter knife to use as a spreader. And everyone had a great time.
Instead of serving the Jif Whips Creamy Whipped Peanut Butter plain, we made the Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter Dip recipe on the lid of the tub:
Add 3 tablespoons honey and 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the containers. Fold together until just blended.
Use Jif Whips to make:
Jif is owned by the J.M. Smucker Company, famed for their jams. All Jif products are produced at a facility in Lexington, Kentucky, which is the largest peanut butter production facility in the world.
Since 1981, Jif has been the leading peanut butter brand in the United States. The original Creamy Jif peanut butter debuted in 1958, launched by Procter & Gamble. The brand was purchased by Smucker’s in 2002.
— Karen Hochman