THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Bring the flavor of fall to breakfast with
pumpkin pancakes. Photo courtesy IHOP.
||Throughout October, IHOP is serving pumpkin pancakes. Although the company won’t divulge its secret recipe, they have shared their tips for making perfect pumpkin pancakes.
- Canned Pumpkin: Start with your favorite pancake batter recipe and simply add canned pumpkin pie mix (seasoned pumpkin purée).
- Water Temperature: When preparing dry pancake mix, it is essential that the water is chilled to less than 50°F. Use ice water from the fridge, or use ice cubes to bring down the temperature of tap water.
- Keep The Lumps. Lumps are good—small lumps of flour are what make pancakes tall and fluffy. Don’t over mix the pancake batter.
- Grill Temperature: Use a 350°F grill. Make sure that there are no hot or cold spots that can lead to uneven cooking.
- Cooking Time: Judge when a pancake is ready by its appearance. It should be golden with a light browning at the edges.
|As a Halloween special, IHOP will offer free Scary Face Pancakes to trick-or-treaters aged 12 and under, on Friday, October 29th from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Find an IHOP restaurant near you at IHOP.com.
See our review of the best wholegrain pancake mixes, and get more pancake tips.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2017 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.