We often make a “double cookie dough” ice cream sandwich: chocolate chip cookies with cookie dough ice cream. But this recipe from McCormick uses raw cookie dough—not baked—as the sandwich.
You make the cookie dough yourself, and don’t need to add eggs since it won’t be baked. Or, you can use pasteurized eggs.
RECIPE: COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Ingredients For 16 Bars
A different take on cookie dough ice cream. Photo courtesy McCormick.
1. MICROWAVE the butter and sugars in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
2. STIR in milk, vanilla and salt. Add flour; stir until well blended. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. LINE an 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Press 1/2 of the dough into pan.
4. ROLL out remaining dough on lightly floured surface to 8-inch square. Gently spread ice cream over layer on pan. Place 8-inch square layer over ice cream. (If the dough layer is too warm, freeze for 15 minutes before placing over ice cream.)
5. COVER with foil. Freeze 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 16 bars. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Store in freezer.
See all the food holidays.
Comments are closed.