A patriotic dessert doesn’t have to be red, white and blue. And a cookie doesn’t have to be baked.
This recipe from McCormick makes chocolate chip cookie dough stars.
Since there’s no oven and no knives, you can delegate the task to a fledgling cook. Prep time is 20 minutes.
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH STARS
Ingredients For 24 Cookies
1. PREPARE a 15 x 10 x 1-inch shallow baking pan by lining with foil. With an electric mixer…
2. BEAT the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl at medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add the sugars, vanilla and salt; mix until blended and smooth. Stir in the vanilla wafer crumbs and chocolate chips.
3. PRESS the cookie dough firmly into the pan, in an even layer. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
4. FLIP the cookie dough onto a cutting board and remove the foil. Cut into star shapes with 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
5. PRESS the cookie dough scraps back into pan, refreezing it if too soft, to cut out more stars. (If you eat them, we won’t blame you: We’ll join you. You can eat them with impunity since there is no raw egg).
HERE ARE MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Cakes & Cupcakes
For some red, white and blue recipes for other meals, head here.
 The easiest red, white and blue dessert: pound cake, whipped cream and berries (photo courtesy Knudsen Dairy).
Comments are closed.