A low-calorie yogurt dip is a better choice for crab cakes than a fat-filled mayo-based dip. Photo courtesy of Zabars.com.
Citrus Yogurt Dip
Dip Or Sauce Recipe For Seafood Or Vegetables
Chef Matthew Dunn created this citrus yogurt sauce to go with his crab cakes. It’s not only delicious, it’s a calorie bargain compared to mayonnaise-based tartar sauce. You can use it to dip or sauce anything, from other fish and seafood dishes to crudités and potatoes to pretzels. Thanks to Chef Dunn and our friends at Zabar’s for the recipe.
Citrus Yogurt Sauce
- 1 pint plain yogurt (you can use whole milk, lowfat or nonfat yogurt; we prefer to use a triple-strained Greek yogurt such as Chobani, FAGE Total or Oikos )
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- Juice from 1 whole lime
- Juice from 1 whole orange
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh-ground pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl add yogurt and whisk in the zest of the lemon, lime and orange.
- Adjust salt as needed.
- Add fresh-ground pepper to taste.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.