Guacamole and tortilla chips: a match made in heaven. Photo courtesy Sandoval.
Last Updated September 2013
Recipes: Tortilla Chip & Cocktail Pairings
Page 3: Guacamole With Corn Tortilla Chips & A Watermelon Basil Martini
This is Page 3 of a four-page article. Use the links below to navigate through all the recipes.
Guacamole is another perfect party food. Easy to make and full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, it’s a sure crowd pleaser. Here’s a recipe developed by one of the nation’s best-known French chefs, Laurent Tourondel of New York City’s BLT Market. It is served with one of the best corn chips we’ve ever tasted—from Food Should Taste Good. (Read our full review of Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips, a NIBBLE Top Pick Of The Week, gluten-free and certified kosher.)
For a perfect warm-weather treat, pair it with a sweet and refreshing watermelon martini. But watermelon lovers, take note: Buy watermelon juice and enjoy this heavenly beverage (and cocktail) year-round.
Yields 1 quart. Recipes from Chef Laurent Tourondel of New York City’s BLT Market.
- 1 bag yellow corn chips
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 limes
- 3 jalapeños, cleaned and finely
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, skinned,
de-seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Among the best tortilla chips we’ve ever had, and a NIBBLE Top Pick Of The Week.
- Skin and remove core from avocados, then roughly chop.
- Season with lime juice. Add jalapeños, cilantro, red onion and tomato. Mix lightly.
- Add sour cream and Tabasco. Mix, but keep chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with yellow corn chips.
Watermelon Basil Martini
Ingredients Per Cocktail
- 1 large piece watermelon
- 1 leaf basil
- 1 ounce simple syrup (recipe)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces gin, vodka or blanco tequila
- 1 small slice watermelon for garnish
- Muddle watermelon.
- Tear basil and place in shaker.
- Add syrup, lime juice and tequila; add ice and shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with watermelon slice. Serve.
Continue To Page 4: Tomato Mango Chutney & Mango Rum Punch
Go To The Recipe Index Above
Recipes © copyright 2009 BLT Market. All rights reserved. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.