Scallops on a lovely salad serve as the centerpiece of this pomegranate-filled meal. All photos and recipes courtesy POM Wonderful.
Pomegranate Dinner Party
Page 5: Seared Scallop Salad With Pomegranate Soy-Ginger Dressing
This is Page 5 of a 6-page article. Click the black links below to navigate between the pages.
On the menu:
Seared Scallop Salad With Pomegranate Soy-Ginger Dressing
We also recommend mandarin oranges—they pair nicely with pomegranate arils.
Yields 4 servings.
- 1-1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 6 to 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Pomegranate Soy-Ginger Dressing
Yields 1-1/2 cups of dressing.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice or juice from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients with a whisk or in a blender.
- For scallops, first extract arils from pomegranate.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and 1 teaspoon ginger; toss with scallops.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil in a large skillet. Place the scallops in the skillet in a single layer. Cook without turning until the underside is crispy brown and then turn. Sear in batches if necessary.
- Cover scallops, set aside and keep warm while preparing the salad.
- Arrange greens on 4 dinner plates. Top with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Divide the scallops onto each plate; garnish with arils. Serve with dressing.
Continue to Page 6: Citrus Pomegranate Tart With Crimson Pom Jelly
Return To The Index At The Top Of The Page
Lifestyle Direct Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.