The recipe is below.
Gourmet Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Part VI: Shrimp Embrochette
Shrimp Embrochette Casserole Recipe
Ann Jones was the 2007 Denver Area Regional Winner,and Second Runner up in the Grand Finale of the Tillamook Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Contest. A typical shrimp embrochette recipes stuffs a butterflied shrimp with different Cheddars, jalapeño and breadcrumbs, and wraps the shrimp in bacon. Here, Ann transports the concept to macaroni and cheese.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup Vintage White Medium Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 jalapeño chile, stem and seed removed and finely chopped
- 8 ounces jumbo shrimp, cooked, shelled, de-veined and chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ciabatta roll, chopped into large cubes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat; add 1 teaspoon salt and the dry pasta. Return to a boil and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta, return it to the pot and stir in 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Toss in the Vintage White Medium Cheddar, Colby Jack, and Sharp Cheddar cheeses, and set aside.
- To make the sauce, add 4 tablespoons butter and garlic to a 2-quart saucepan and heat over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes, or until butter is melted and garlic is softened. Add flour and stir continuously, using a whisk, to combine. Continue to cook over medium heat and gradually whisk in the milk and cream. Stir continuously to prevent scorching; cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until starting to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, black pepper and Gruyère cheese.
- Pour sauce over the pasta, add the bacon, jalapeño and shrimp, and stir until well combined. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and pour the pasta mixture into the dish.
- In a food processor, pulse ciabatta cubes several seconds until large bread crumbs form. Toss together with Parmesan cheese, and top pasta with breadcrumb mixture. Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes. Serves 8+.
WHEN YOU THINK “MAC & CHEESE,” THINK BEYOND ELBOW MACARONI.
In fact, most award-winning recipes use other shapes.
See the different pasta shapes in our
Recipe copyright Tillamook. Other material