This elegant presentation is easy to make—and hard to resist!
Recipe: Grilled Salmon With Garlic & Pickled Ginger
Japanese-Style Grilled Salmon
If you’re looking for a new way to cook salmon, try this recipe: It’s how it would be served at a Japanese restaurant. The flavor imparted by marinating the fish overnight in salt and MSG is truly impressive. Serve with steamed rice. Learn more about the flavors of umami). Serves 4
- 4 pieces salmon (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon MSG
- 1.5 ounces ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground garlic (or garlic powder)
- 4 wedges of lemon or lime
Marinade For Pickled Ginger:
- 7 ounces (200 ml) water
- 1-3/4 ounces (50 ml) rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of MSG
- Rub the salt and MSG into the salmon and leave overnight.
- Slice the ginger, cut each into a leaf shape, make fine slits and pickle in the marinade sauce overnight.
- Rub the garlic into the salmon and grill on both sides or stir-fry.
- Serve with lemon or lime wedges and pickled ginger.
Recipe and recipe image courtesy of Umami Information Center, UmamiInfo,com. © 2007 UMAMI Information Center. All rights reserved. Additional material© Copyright 2005-
2013 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.