While pomegranate arils aren’t exactly heart-shaped, they do add a romantic touch to a Pomegranate Martini.
Pomegranate Martini Recipe
From Daniel Boulud, A Festive Cocktail With Healthy Ingredients
Chef Daniel Boulud sent us this recipe with his Christmas card (a pomegranate turned into a Christmas tree ornament). The red color is festive for the holidays. But by substituting his orange zest twist for a garnish of arils, the juice sacs that contain the edible seeds, we turned the holiday drink into a romantic Valentine cocktail.
For one cocktail:
- 2 ounces orange-flavored vodka
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier® liqueur
- Splash of fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Shake all of the ingredients together with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Stir the ingredients together in the glass.
- Garnish with a dozen arils (or an orange zest twist).
© Copyright 2005-
2015 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.