Berries and a creamy vanilla yogurt topping, make for a delicious red, white and blue dessert. Photo courtesy California Strawberry Commission.
Fourth of July Cookie Pizza
A Patriotic Treat, Topped with Berries
Not only are berries, such as strawberries and blueberries, in season during the Fourth of July, but they also come in patriotic colors, making them great toppers for this special Independence Day dessert, courtesy of the California Strawberry Comission. This red, white and blue treat will go fast at your summer July Fourth celebration, or any other party you are planning this season.
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 pint basket (12 ounces) California strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bottom and side of 14-inch pizza pan. With floured hands, press cookie dough evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake in center of oven 14 to 16 minutes until golden brown. Run metal spatula or thin knife along edge of crust to loosen from pan; cool in pan on wire rack.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream to form soft peaks. Fold in yogurt to blend. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, spread cream mixture evenly onto cooled crust. Arrange strawberries and blueberries decoratively over top; serve immediately cut into wedges.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe© California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.