Chocolate fondue and yummy dippers. Photo courtesy McCormick.
Last Updated February 2015
Chocolate Fondue Recipe
How Can You Make Chocolate Fondue Even Richer?
Creamy Chocolate Fondue
Chef Trey Foshee of George’s at the Cove in La Jolla, California, goes a step beyond the traditional chocolate fondue recipe. He adds creamy mascarpone cheese (a key ingredient of tiramisu).
This recipe, which serves 6 to 8. is courtesy of Chef Trey Foshee and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces bourbon, rum or orange liqueur
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pound cake, cubed
- Assorted fresh fruits, such as strawberries, apple chunks or banana chunks
- THE NIBBLE’s chart of everything to dip into chocolate fondue
- Combine all ingredients in medium stainless steel bowl. Place bowl over pot of simmering water on stove burner—or use a double boiler). Do not allow bowl or upper part of double boiler to to touch the water.
- Heat until melted and smooth, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Pour into fondue or other vessel and serve immediately with dipping the accompaniments of your choice. Use a brazier or a warming plate to keep the chocolate warm.
More chocolate fondue recipes
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.