Chocolate Fondue Recipe
How Can You Make Chocolate Fondue Even Richer?
Creamy Chocolate Fondue
Chef Trey Foshee of George’s at the Cove in La Jolla, California, goes a step beyond the traditional chocolate fondue recipe. He adds creamy mascarpone cheese (a key ingredient of tiramisu).
This recipe, which serves 6 to 8. is courtesy of Chef Trey Foshee and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces bourbon, rum or orange liqueur
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pound cake, cubed
- Assorted fresh fruits, such as strawberries, apple chunks or banana chunks
- THE NIBBLE’s chart of everything to dip into chocolate fondue
- Combine all ingredients in medium stainless steel bowl. Place bowl over pot of simmering water on stove burner—or use a double boiler). Do not allow bowl or upper part of double boiler to to touch the water.
- Heat until melted and smooth, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Pour into fondue or other vessel and serve immediately with dipping the accompaniments of your choice. Use a brazier or a warming plate to keep the chocolate warm.
More chocolate fondue recipes
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.