Who can resist these adorable pumpkin souffles? They’re welcome anytime, from Thanksgiving dinner or weekdays as another way to get the kids to eat more vegetables!
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Vegetables
Recipe: Pumpkin & Habañero Cheddar Soufflés
A Stunning Side Dish: Pumpkin Soufflé In A
If you’ve eyed those adorable mini-pumpkins and wondered what they’re good for besides table decorations, here’s a delicious recipe courtesy of Chef Jeffrey Weiss. If you don’t like a touch of spice, you can substitute regular Cheddar.
- 8 mini pumpkins
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces Cabot Habañero Cheddar, diced
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place uncut pumpkins in large shallow dish and add 1/4 inch of water. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until tender. Let cool.
- Reheat oven to 375ºF.
- With paring knife, remove tops from pumpkins. Remove and discard seeds, then scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Place four cups of pumpkin flesh in mixing bowl. Separate eggs, stirring yolks into pumpkin flesh and placing whites in separate bowl.
- Stir flour and baking powder into pumpkin mixture, then stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whip egg whites into stiff peaks. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon souffle mixture into pumpkin shells.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until puffed and set.
Recipe © Jeffrey Weiss. All other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.