Make your sweet potatoes even sweeter with a simple cherry glaze.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Vegetables
Recipe: Sweet Potatoes With Cherry Glaze
A “Meaty” Potato Dish
We love sweet potatoes all year round. This is a wonderful side dish, or the centerpiece of a vegetarian plate.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (7 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice concentrate (undiluted)
(read our review of Tart Is Smart cherry juice)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Scrub potatoes and halve lengthwise; do not peel. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes, cut side down, in pan. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Stir together cherry juice concentrate, brown sugar, butter and ginger. Turn potatoes cut-side up and brush with cherry mixture. Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo © Cherry Marketing Institute. All rights reserved. All other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.