Roast me—it’s easy. Photo by Hannah Chaptman | SXC.
How To Roast Peppers
Bell Peppers Or Chiles: It’s Easy
It’s easy to roast bell peppers, poblanos or other chiles for recipes. Using the flame of a gas stove or a broiler, just follow these simple steps:
On A Gas Stovetop
- Cook the peppers directly over a medium-high gas flame until blackened on all sides, turning with tongs.
- Transfer peppers and chile to a paper bag. Close bag. Let stand 15 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle.
- Peel off blackened skin. Remove tops, ribs and seeds.
Under The Broiler
- Preheat broiler.
- Halve and core the peppers. Remove the tops, ribs and seeds.
- Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet, cut-side down. Broil 5 to 7 minutes or until the skin has blistered and blackened over the entire surface.
- Transfer to a paper bag. Close bag. Let stand 15 minutes or until peppers are cool enough to handle.
- Peel off blackened skin.
Photo by Nicholas Raymond | SXC.
Recipe © 2008 McCormick. All rights reserved. Other material