Like lemon meringue pie? Try a lemon meringue pie cocktail!
Lemon Meringue Martini Recipe
A Lemon Meringue Pie Cocktail
August 15 is Lemon Meringue Pie Day. You can celebrate with pie, or try this Lemon Meringue Pie Cocktail, created by Dylan Prime Steakhouse in New York City.
- 2 ounces Limoncello lemon liqueur
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 part Licor 43 (a vanilla- and citrus-flavored liqueur made of 43 ingredients)
- 3 parts heavy cream
- Whipped cream
- Graham crackers
- Place the rim of a martini glass in whipped cream, covering the rim about 1/8 inch. Then dip the rim into finely-crushed graham crackers, to create an evenly-coated “crust.”
- Mix the Limoncello, lemon juice and simple syrup with ice in a cocktail shaker for 5 seconds and strain into the glass to about ½ inch from the rim.
- Mix the Licor 43 and heavy cream in a shaker. Using the back of a tablespoon placed against the side of the glass, slowly pour to layer on top. It will look just like a lemon meringue pie in a glass and taste like lemon meringue with a kick.
|Simple Syrup Recipe
You can purchase simple syrup, or make it easily:
- Using the proportion of 2 parts sugar to 3 parts water, fill a bottle almost halfway with sugar; add the hot water.
- Cover the top and shake well to blend.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
If your sugar solution does not dissolve easily, cook it in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.