Make America’s favorite cookie to an all-American shape. Photo courtesy Nestlé.
Last Updated July 2012
Star Shaped Cookies
Nestlé Toll House Stars and Stripes Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie bar dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 20 fresh, medium strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll cookie dough to 1/4" thickness between two pieces of wax paper. Remove top piece of paper. Cut cookie dough into stars with 3-inch star cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheet(s). If stars are too hard to remove from wax paper, refrigerate rolled dough for 10 minutes.
- Roll remaining dough to 1/4" thickness; cut out additional stars.
If you need star cookie cutters, get this set by Wilton.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. While hot, reshape and pat edges of each star back into shape with knife.
- Cool on baking sheet(s) for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack(s) to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in small mixer bowl until fluffy. Spread onto cooled cookies. Place strawberry slices onto each cookie pointing outward. Place 5 to 6 blueberries in center of each cookie. Top each cookie with morsels.
Makes 20 cookies.
Recipe copyright Nestle, Inc. Other content