This wrap works for lunch, or slice it into bite-size pieces and serve it as an hors d’oeuvre.
Recipe: Curried Chicken Salad Wrap
With Dried Tart Cherries
You’ll love this curried chicken salad wrap. It avoids mayonnaise by using a much tastier yogurt-Dijon binder. The cherries are a flavorful alternative to the grapes often used in curried chicken salad. For an even healthier spin, substitute lettuce for the whole wheat tortillas.
- 1/2 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (8 ounces)
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Optional: 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 4 (8- to 10-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas, tomato-flavored flour tortillas
- Stir together yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Gently stir in chicken, cherries, carrot, cucumber and green onion.
- Mound about 3/4 cup chicken mixture just below center of each tortilla. Fold in the sides, just covering the edges of the chicken mixture. Roll up from one side, jelly roll fashion. Serve seam side down on a plate.
Recipe © Cherry Marketing Institute. All rights reserved. Additional material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Other images are the copyright of their respective owners.