Start your Thanksgiving off right with an appetizer of Beet, Spinach & Apple Salad with a pomegranate vinaigrette. Photo courtesy Butterball.
Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
Page 2: Pomegranate Vinaigrette Over Beet, Spinach & Apple Salad
This is Page 2 of a 5-page article. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
On the menu:
Pomegranate Vinaigrette Over Beet, Spinach & Apple Salad
Start your Thanksgiving dinner with this colorful salad that combines fruit, vegetables and nuts, dressed with an easy-to-prepare pomegranate vinaigrette for a light and fresh holiday option. Makes eight servings.
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups blanched fresh green beans*, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped red-skinned apple (i.e. Gala, Jonagold, Jonathan)
- 1 cup canned julienne cut beets, well drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds**
* Substitute 1 cup waxed beans for green beans, if desired.
**Substitute candied almonds for additional flavor, if desired.
- For dressing, place all ingredients except oil in blender container; cover. Blend well. With blender running, gradually add oil through opening at top of blender, blending well after each addition. Pour dressing into storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For salad, combine all ingredients except almonds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Whisk dressing and toss with salad mixture just before serving. Sprinkle almonds on top.
Continue to Page 3: Citrus, Mustard & Herb Infused Turkey
Return To The Index At The Top Of The Page
Recipes and photos courtesy Butterball.. All rights reserved. Additional material