This salmon dish is full of color and feels like summer...even when it’s cold outside.
Recipe: Caramelized Salmon With Cherry Mango Salsa
A Festive Salmon Dish For Company & Everyday
You may not have thought of combining salmon and cherries before. But this dish is colorful in the winter, tropical in the summer and delicious year-round.
- 1½ pounds fresh or frozen salmon filets with skin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 ripe mango or papaya, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen tart (Montmorency) cherries, thawed, drained and halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, basil or cilantro
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Thaw the fish, if frozen.
- Stir together brown sugar, orange peel and pepper. Place the fish, skin side down, in a shallow pan. Rub the sugar mixture over the fish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours.
- Remove the fish from pan, draining off any juices. Place the filets, skin-side down, on a gas grill over medium heat or on a charcoal grill, 4 to 6 inches from medium-hot coals. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. Do not turn the fish.
- Meanwhile, toss together the mango or papaya, cherries, mint, vinegar and red pepper. Spoon the fruit salsa over warm fish. Serve immediately.
Recipe © Cherry Marketing Institute. Other material © Copyright 2005-
2013 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.