Try pesto, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives for a Mediterranean treat. Photos courtesy WMMB.
Gourmet Pizza Recipes
Page 6: Oh, Live It Up With An Olive Pizza Recipe
This is Page 6 of a seven-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Like a Greek salad on a pizza, this healthy delight had us clamoring for more. Serves 4.
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 pre-baked 12-inch pizza crust
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) aged
provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) mozzarella,
- 20 to 25 fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) red onion,
- 3/4 (3 ounces) cup feta cheese
with sun-dried tomatoes,
Favorite Greek salad ingredients top a pizza crust.
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced
- Optional balsamic vinegar, as needed
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Spread sauce on pizza crust. Sprinkle Provolone and Mozzarella on sauce.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- After baking, arrange spinach leaves over cheeses. Arrange red onions over spinach; sprinkle Feta, black olives and sun-dried tomatoes over top. Drizzle pizza with balsamic vinegar and serve.
Here, some traditional pizza ingredients are tweaked, with magnificent results. Instead of fresh basil, there’s pesto sauce. Kalamata olives add great tang, pine nuts bring on the crunch. Serves 6-8. See our reviews of pesto sauce for some recommendations of the best.
- One 14-inch prepared pizza crust
or two 8-inch prepared pizza
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers,
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
(packed in oil), sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese,
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
The classic flavors of the Mediterranean are divine, any way you slice them.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread crust(s) with pesto sauce. Top with peppers, tomatoes, olives and pine nuts. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and place fresh mozzarella slices on top.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
Continue To Page 7: White Pizza Recipes
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipes and photos courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. Other material © Copyright 2005-
2015 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.