Candied or caramelized pecans. Photo by Daniel West | SXC.
Recipe: Candied Nuts ~ Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pecans & Walnuts
Delicious Snack Or Garnish
This easy recipe makes 1/2 cup of candied nuts, also known as caramelized nuts and in France, pralines. Candied nuts are great:
- As snacks
- As garnish for cakes, cupcakes, puddings, ice cream and other treats
- In salads with goat cheese and blue cheese
- As sides with coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- As gifts, in a small tin, plastic container or cellophane bag tied with ribbon
It is best to make these in small batches to ensure that the nuts are thoroughly coated.
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- For spiced nuts, use any or all: a total of 1/8 teaspoon* cinnamon, nutmeg,
cloves, allspice, cayenne and/or other favorite spice
*Try this small amount and then increase according to your preference
- 1/2 cup nut halves
- In small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add sugar, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. To not allow mixture to burn.
- Add nuts and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour nuts onto sheet of aluminum foil and let cool, about 15 minutes. Store up to 2 days in an airtight container.
© Copyright 2005-
2013 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.