Photo of traditional dukkah by Emily Chang | THE NIBBLE.
Page 5b: Green Bean Salad & North African Carrot Salad
These recipes were developed by Chef Donna Dockins, creator of Oregon Dukkah. This is the third of five pages of side dishes with dukkah. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Dukkah Side Dish Recipes
If you cannot obtain Oregon Dukkah, you can make your own dukkah from the dukkah recipe, seasoning it appropriately.
Green Bean Salad
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place beans in bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap in paper towels and refrigerate.)
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add green beans to skillet; sauté until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Oregon Dukkah. Season salad with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
North African Carrot Salad
- 1 pound shredded carrots
- ½ cup cilantro or Italian parsley,
- ¼-½ cup currants or chopped raisins
- ¼-½ cup Smoky Hot Oregon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix dressing.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Toss with dressing.
Continue To Page 5c: More Dukkah Recipes ~ Side Dishes
Go To The Article Index Above