Go beyond strawberry cheesecake: try grapefruit cheesecake. What a treat! Photo courtesy
TexaSweet Citrus Marketing.
Page 8: Rio Star Mini Cheesecakes
This is Page 8 of a nine-page article. Click on the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu:
Rio Star Mini Cheesecakes
Fresh grapefruit juice gives these miniature cheesecakes a tart finish, taking this casual treat to a new level of sophistication. They can be topped with grapefruit, as the recipe calls for, or any tart fruit such as raspberries or red and black currents.
- 1 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, reserved from sectioning
- 1-2/3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- Mini muffin baking cups
- Mini muffin baking tin
- In a small saucepan, pour water and gelatin, let stand for one minute, then cook 3 minutes over low heat. Set aside to cool, about 1 minute.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, cream cheese, cooled gelatin, grapefruit juice and sour cream. Gently fold in whipped cream until thick and creamy.
- Place one wafer in each baking cup and put in baking tin. Pour mixture into prepared tin and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Garnish with grapefruit section and mint.
Continue To Page 9: Rio Star Grapefruit Crème Brûlée
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy TexaSweet Citrus Marketing. All other content