Easy Chocolate Fondue
It’s As Easy As 1-2-3 With This Easy Recipe
Chocolate fondue is delicious—and it can be deliciously easy to make. Use this simple fondue recipe for unexpected company or an impromptu family reward. Use leftover cake, marshmallows, the contents of the fruit bowl, canned fruit—anything goes.
The recipe was adapted by chocolatier Mary Leonard of Chocolat Céleste, from a recipe originated by Swiss Chalet Fine Foods. She uses Schokinag’s 64% bittersweet chocolate chips, which she finds excellent for recipes requiring strong flavor. (Schokinag is certified kosher by Star-K).
Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces dark chocolate in high-quality morsels or chopped bar
- 1 ounce milk
- Rub fondue dish wall with butter.
- Place chocolate, marshmallows and milk in a fondue pot. Cover and heat, stirring every 15 minutes, until melted and smooth.
- Gradually add whipping cream. Cover and continue heating 30 minutes.
- Serve with bite-sized pieces of cake, marshmallows or fruit.