These squiggles are a lifesaver in the kitchen. Photography by Saidi Granados.
ALISSA DICKER is a senior writer at THE NIBBLE.
Updated September 2008
Amore Seasoning Paste
Page 3: Recipe Suggestions
This is Page 3 of a three-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Using Amore Pastes
We’ve already mentioned several ways to use Amore pastes. Here’s a recap, plus a few more we like. To keep things interesting, we’ll often mix a couple pastes together. Once you have a few tubes, you’ll be a happier, more creative cook. Just squeeze!
- Canapés: Spread lightly on crostini as a base
- Compound Butter: Blend in for flavored butters
- Flavored Oils: using pastes
- Garlic Bread: It’s instant with the garlic flavor; add others like Pesto &
Hot Chile for fun
- Marinades: Add one or more flavors
- Mayonnaise: Mix in to make flavorful mayos for regular salads (tuna, egg,
chicken), dips, sandwiches and hors d’oeuvres
- Pasta and Rice: Add a dab and toss; Pesto makes instant pesto sauce with a bit more olive oil
- Pizza: Use as a base, to flavor tomato sauce (see below) or as a topping
- Rubs: Rub on meat before cooking (and before applying breadcrumbs)
- Salads: Mix into salad dressings
- Sauces: Stir into pan sauces
- Seasoning: Use saltier flavors in place of salt, for more flavor
- Soups, Stews & Stir-Frys: Add more flavor instantly
- Spreads: Mix into soft cheeses and other dairy products (cream cheese, goat cheese, mascarpone, sour cream, yogurt) to make colorful spreads
- Tomato Sauce: Spark your sauce with one or more flavors
- Vegetables: Toss with sautéed vegetables just before they’re done cooking
All this from one little tube of paste? It’s the best little multitasker in town.
Go To Page 1: Article Overview
Go To Article Index Above
Anchovy, Black Olive, Garlic, Hot Pepper, Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomato and Tomato
- Tomato Paste
- Garlic & Hot Pepper Pastes
3.15 Ounce Tube
- Black Olive, Pesto & Sun-
Dried Tomato Pastes
- Anchovy Paste
- Prices range from
$2.49 to $5.49
depending on retailer
Purchase online* at Amazon.com and MyBrands.com
Available at retailers nationwide.
Learn more at AmoreBrand.com
*Prices and product availability are verified at publication but are subject to change. Shipping is additional. These items are offered by a third party and THE NIBBLE has no relationship with them. This link to purchase is provided as a reader convenience.
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.