Stuff yourself with this sweet Stuffed French Toast. Photo courtesy McCormick.
Easter Brunch Recipes
Page 3: Stuffed French Toast
This is Page 3 of a five-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Stuffed French Toast
French toast stuffed with sweet cinnamon-spiced cream cheese and apricot preserves is delightful way to greet your family on Easter or any weekend morning. Recipe yields 8 servings.
- 1 tub (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 16 slices Italian bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or jam
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in small bowl until well blended.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture on each of 8 slices of bread. Spread 1 tablespoon of preserves on each of the remaining 8 slices of bread. Press one each of the bread slices together to form 8 sandwiches.
- Beat eggs with wire whisk in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in milk, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes on each side.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large nonstick skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. Place 4 of the sandwiches in skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, melting remaining tablespoon butter in skillet. Serve French toast with maple syrup, if desired.
Continue To Page 4: Hello, Flower! Cupcakes
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy McCormick. All other materials © copyright 2005-
2015 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.