Fresh blueberries are a hallmark of summer. Combine them with cool garlic and herb cheese spread—if it sounds like an unusual combination, you’ll be delightfully surprised.
Summer Cheese Recipes
Page 4: Spiced Walnut & Serafina Cheese Spread Sandie (Sandwich)
This is Page 4 of a six-page article. Click the black links below to view the other recipes.
Spiced Walnut And Serafina Cheese Spread Sandie
Try this sweet and spicy open-faced sandwich, or “sandie” as they say in Australia, for brunch or a midday snack. The blueberries, cayenne pepper and oregano contribute lots of antioxidants. The recipe was developed by Chef Talferd Jude, from the Kitchi Gammi Club in Duluth, Minnesota. Serafina is Roth Käse’s garlic and herb cheese spread.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sugar
- 2 honey-wheat English muffins
(split) or 4 slices honey wheat bread,
- 6 tablespoons garlic and herb cheese
spread (or garlic and herb goat
cheese or cream cheese spread),
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup watercress
An herb and garlic Capri goat cheese log from
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toast walnuts in oven until slightly browned (approximately 15 minutes). While hot, toss walnuts with olive oil and spices; allow to cool.
- Spread English muffin or artisan bread with cheese. Gently press blueberries and spiced walnuts into the spread. Top with watercress. Serve open-faced.
Next Recipe: Vintage Van Gogh Cheese With Apricot Gelée And Beer Sorbet
Return To Recipe Index Above
Recipes and photos © copyright Roth Käse USA. Additional material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.