White chocolate egg nog fudge is a holiday temptation, delicious with after-dinner coffee.
White Chocolate Egg Nog Fudge Recipe
A Special Holiday Fudge Gift
Fudge is a popular holiday gift. Make it white chocolate egg nog fudge, and you’ve got something memorable. Whether you make this recipe for the family, for carolers or as gifts for friends, you’ll find yourself making a second batch pretty quickly.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) white chocolate bars, broken into pieces*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon rum or rum extract
*The better the white chocolate, the better your fudge will be. See our article on the best white chocolate bars. A cost-effective alternative is Green & Black’s, which is also organic.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, eggnog and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium, and continue to boil, stirring frequently, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 234°F (use a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and nutmeg; stir until smooth. Add marshmallow crème, pecans and rum; mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan lined with buttered foil. Cool completely; cut into 1-1/2-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- In a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 1 minute or until melted. Add eggnog and sugar; mix well and microwave 6 minutes or until mixture comes to a rolling boil; stirring after 3 minutes.
- Scrape sides of bowl and mix well; continue microwaving 9 minutes more, scraping bowl and mixing after each 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate until melted; continue as directed above.
Recipe © Copyright 2008 Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. Other material © Copyright 2005-
2015 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.