Festive tequila drinks include this Firecracker cocktail. All photography courtesy Cabo Wabo Tequila.
Cinqo De Mayo Cocktail Recipes
Tequila is North America’s first indigenous distilled drink or spirit. It can only be produced in Mexico, and within only the five states of Guanajuato, Jalisco, Michoacan, Nayarit and Tamaulipas. It’s the perfect cocktail component for Cinqo de Mayo, the celebration of Mexican heritage. Here, we present five fun cocktail recipes, courtesy of Cabo Wabo tequila. Want more party ideas? Read up on the History of Tequila, and check out recipes for five more tequila cocktails.
This is Page 1 of a 2-page article. Click the black links below to view the other pages.
The Blazin’ Shooter
Start your partying off on a spicy note with this hot shot.
- 1-1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 3 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- Cover the bottom of a shot glass with Tabasco sauce and fill the rest with Tequila.
- Finish with a lime wedge.
Another spicy option, with this one you can try different flavors of hot sauce to find your favorite flavor.
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- 2 small slices of serrano pepper
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce orange curacao
- 1 orange twist
- Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously, and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Continue To Page 2: More Tequila Cocktail Recipes
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipes courtesy Cabo Wabo Tequila. All other materials