Have you ever had a savory crab cheesecake? Most likely, neither have your guests—and they’ll be impressed! A delicious first course.
Updated May 2009
Crab Meat Recipes
Pick A Crab Recipe: There’s Quite A Variety!
Page 1: Crab Cakes Recipe & Crab Cheesecake
Enjoy these crab recipes courtesy of Miller’s Select Premium Crab. Read our review of Miller’s Select. This is Page 1 of a three-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Chef Levi's Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes Recipe
There are countless recipes for crab cakes. This is a departure from the Tavern On The Green recipe featured in our review of Miller’s Select crab meat, which used only mayonnaise as a binder plus scallions and Old Bay seasoning, coating the crab cake in breadcrumbs before frying. Here, the seasonings are spicier, include Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and mustard, plus parsley and red pepper. The breadcrumbs are mixed in instead of used as a coating. See which you prefer.
- 2 cans Miller’s Select Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Clarified butter and lemon juice (as
TIP: When making a crab cake recipe that includes breadcrumbs and other ingredients, you can save on jumbo lump crab meat and choose Backfin or even Select White.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, cayenne, parsley and red pepper thoroughly. Gently fold in crabmeat and breadcrumbs to keep crab as large as possible.
- Form into 4-inch-thick patties. Add clarified butter to heated sauté pan to cover ¼-inch thick.
- Cook crab cakes, turning only once when first side is nicely browned. Remove from pan and squeeze desired amount of lemon juice onto each crab cake.
This makes a wonderful first course.
- 1 can Miller's Select Crab Meat
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese,
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for topping
- Fresh dill to garnish
This crab cheesecake is of the savory variety—enjoy it as an appetizer with a glass of white wine.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix crackers and butter; press into a glass pie pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes at 350°F and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs and sour cream until fluffy. Stir in the onion and seasonings. Gently fold in the crab meat and bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- When cool, spread with the remaining sour cream and garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
Continue To Page 2: Crab Salad, Crab En Coquille
Go To The Article Index Above
© Copyright 2005-2013 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.