Love chicken wraps? Love PB? You’ll doubly love this PB chicken wrap sandwich.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Recipes
Recipe 2: P-Nutty Chicken Wrap
CAPSULE REPORT: This is the second of six award-winning, delicious and nutritious recipes developed by children in Jif’s annual “Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich” college scholarship contest. Click on the black links below to see the other recipes. For more peanut butter recipes and product reviews, visit our Gourmet Peanut Butter Section.
P-Nutty Chicken Wrap
Kids love peanut butter, kids love wrap sandwiches. Runner-up Matt Bernards, an 11-year-old from McMinnville, Oregon, created this healthy peanut butter chicken wrap sandwich with PB. It’s a quick and easy recipe that’s delicious served either hot or cold.
Ingredients Per Sandwich
- 1 small chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup broccoli slaw,* plus 2 tablespoons for garnish (see photo above)
- 1 burrito-size flour tortilla
- Apple or other fruit garnish (optional)
*Broccoli cole slaw can be found in the bagged salad section of the produce department. Or, you can make it by shredding a medium cabbage, 1 bunch broccoli, 2 carrots, and if desired, a medium red onion for flavor and/or some red cabbage for color. This will make enough for 6 wraps.
- Heat a small skillet on the stove to medium-low.
- Spray skillet with pan spray. Add diced chicken to skillet, season with salt and pepper; cook until chicken is done, about 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, let cool for 2 minutes.
- Add chili sauce and creamy peanut butter to the skillet mixture. Stir. Add broccoli slaw, mix well. At this point, you can refrigerate the mix for later use, or continue and serve the sandwich warm.
- Place the tortilla in a microwave and heat for 15 seconds, to soften. Place P-Nutty Chicken filling one side of tortilla. Roll up. Slice tortilla in the middle.
- Garnish with extra slaw or apple slices and serve.
Next Recipe: Peanut Butter Butterfly Panwiches
Go To Article Index Above
Recipes © Copyright The J.M. Smucker Company. All other material