Blue cheese and marinated chicken with celery and hot sauce on this Buffalo Chicken Pizza give wing fans a new reason to love pizza. Or is that a new way to love wings?
Gourmet Pizza Recipes
Page 2: Try A Chicken Pizza Recipe
This is Page 2 of a seven-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Before you start making pizza, here are some home-cooking tips from the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board:
- Preheat the oven. It needs to be hot enough to bake the crust in quickly
so that the cheese doesn’t burn.
- If you’re using traditional mozzarella cheese, use the whole-milk variety
for superior melt and rich flavor.
- Cheeses with “stretch”—Provolone or mozzarella, for example—enhance
other cheeses with different flavor profiles, such as Parmesan, blue and feta.
- Brush olive oil on the edge of the crust before topping with sauce. This step
adds a bit of flavor to the crust and helps in achieving a golden color.
See our Cheese Section to learn more about your favorite cheeses.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 14 to 15 ounces prepared pizza
dough or one 14-inch prepared pizza crust
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) Provolone,
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Havarti, cubed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed and
tossed in 2 tablespoons spicy
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
Barbecue Chicken Pizza.
- 2 tablespoons pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) smoked Gouda, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon whole cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- If using dough, roll or stretch dough into a circle about 16 inches in diameter. Place dough or prepared crust on a pizza pan.
- Spread barbecue sauce to within 1/3 inch of edge of pizza.
- Evenly distribute the following toppings in this order: Provolone, Havarti, chicken, red onion, Kalamata olives, garlic and smoked Gouda.
- Bake pizza for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown.
- Before serving, brush top of pizza with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle on kosher salt and place cilantro leaves evenly around the top.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 6 ounces chicken breast, cooked,
sliced into strips
- 3 ounces red pepper sauce (for
- 1/4 cup (3 ounces) dairy sour cream
- 1 pre-baked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Monterey Jack
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) blue cheese,
- 1 scallion (1 ounce), chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with red pepper sauce; cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Spread sour cream evenly over pizza crust. Sprinkle Monterey Jack over sour cream.
- Arrange marinated chicken strips on top of cheese and then bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly. After baking, sprinkle blue cheese, scallions and celery on top.
Continue To Page 3: Fruit Pizza Recipes
Return To The Article Index Above
Recipes and photos courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board. Other material
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.