Fresh, seasonal strawberries and cucumbers make this a perfect summer salad. Photos courtesy California Strawberry Commission.
Strawberry Dinner Party
Page 3: Strawberry & Cucumber Salad
This is Page 3 of a 5-page article. Click the black links below to navigate between the pages.
On the menu:
Strawberry & Cucumber Salad
A fresh salad made from cucumbers and ripe, red strawberries is a perfect summer salad. It’ll be especially refreshing after your sweet and spicy Syrah-Glazed Pork Chops.
Yields 6 servings.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups (1-1/2 pounds) fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- To make vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients except oil. Whisk in oil until blended.
- To make salad: In large bowl, toss salad ingredients with vinaigrette until coated.
- Mound salad on 6 chilled plates, dividing it equally. Serve immediately.
Continue to Page 4: Strawberry Macaroon Napoleons
Return To The Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy California Strawberry Commission. Other materials © copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.