Fresh, seasonal strawberries and cucumbers make this a perfect summer salad. Photos courtesy California Strawberry Commission.
Strawberry Dinner Party
Page 3: Strawberry & Cucumber Salad
This is Page 3 of a 5-page article. Click the black links below to navigate between the pages.
On the menu:
Strawberry & Cucumber Salad
A fresh salad made from cucumbers and ripe, red strawberries is a perfect summer salad. It’ll be especially refreshing after your sweet and spicy Syrah-Glazed Pork Chops.
Yields 6 servings.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups (1-1/2 pounds) fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- To make vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients except oil. Whisk in oil until blended.
- To make salad: In large bowl, toss salad ingredients with vinaigrette until coated.
- Mound salad on 6 chilled plates, dividing it equally. Serve immediately.
Continue to Page 4: Strawberry Macaroon Napoleons
Return To The Recipe Index Above
Recipes courtesy California Strawberry Commission. Other materials
Lifestyle Direct Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.