Your tuna sandwich will taste better and be better for the environment, if the can is labeled “U.S. troll-caught,” “Product of the U.S.” or “U.S.-caught.” Photo by Kelly Cline | IST.
Barack Obama’s Tuna Salad Recipe
Made With U.S.-Caught, Sustainable Tuna
CAPSULE REPORT: When President-elect Barack Obama made tuna salad with his family on “60 Minutes” last year, he used this recipe, specifying troll-caught albacore. So, enjoy the President’s recipe as you learn more about the benefits of sustainable tuna. This is Page 1 of a two-page article. Click on the black link below to visit Page 2.
Presidential Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- 2 6-ounce cans of U.S. troll-caught albacore
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread
- Lettuce and tomato slices to serve
- Use local, organic ingredients where possible
- Mix all but the last two ingredients together to make tuna salad.
- Assemble sandwiches with lettuce and tomato. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- More serving ideas: Albacore tuna goes particularly well with lemon, red bell peppers, tomatoes, beans, capers, olives, anchovies, onion, eggs, avocado and hard cheese.
Continue To Page 2: About Sustainable Tuna
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are copyright of their respective owners.