Wild Thymes Fruit Chutneys and Cranberry Sauces are an easy way to add fun flavor to a variety of dishes.
CAITLIN BARRETT is a member of THE NIBBLE editorial staff.
Updated September 2009
Wild Thymes Cranberry Sauce & Chutney
Dress Up Everyday Meals With Fruity Accents
There are few low-calorie ways to dress up foods, and fewer still that are versatile and delicious. Wild Thymes makes a variety of all-natural cranberry sauces and fruit chutneys that will transform a bland meal into an outstanding one without adding much in the way of calories, fat or carbohydrates.
Wild Thymes Cranberry Sauces and Fruit Chutneys add such big flavor and character to dishes, we were surprised (and delighted!) that they range from just 15 to 25 calories per tablespoon, have zero grams of fat and contribute less than 2% of the daily value of carbohydrates. Those needing to control their calorie, sugar and carb intake no longer have reason to complain about bland, boring food. One night when we were ready to reach for ice cream, we had 6 tablespoons of Mango Papaya Chutney instead: with a hint of jalapeño, it was 90 calories of spicy, fruity fat-free heaven.
Wild Thymes Cranberry Sauces are free of fat, gluten and cholesterol. For dieters and those with sugar restrictions, they are a welcome alternative to the sugar-laden cranberry sauces that adorn the holiday table—and they come in more interesting flavors: Cranberry Fig, Original Cranberry With Oranges And Lemons, Cranberry Raspberry and Cranberry Apple Walnut.
Their consistency is much thinner than traditional cranberry sauces and relishes, making them easy to spread on those turkey sandwiches we end up eating in the days following Thanksgiving; as well as versatility beyond a side dish for Big Tom. Here are some other ways we used these interesting sauces—and will use them throughout the year:
- Spoon Cranberry Fig Sauce over vanilla ice cream.
- Fill puff pastry with brie and a tablespoon of Cranberry Raspberry Sauce or Cranberry Apple Walnut Sauce, and bake until golden.
- Use any Wild Thymes cranberry sauce as a low-calorie topping for cheesecakes, warm brioche or scones; or with chocolate, vanilla, or berry ice cream.
Wild Thymes Chutneys offer even more opportunities to “play with your food.” Colorful and delicious, they add zesty flavors. Each flavor is fruity with savory accents, and can be worked into breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes.
- Make an ordinary grilled cheese sandwich special by spreading Plum Currant Ginger Chutney on the cheese before grilling.
- Add moisture, texture and spice to poultry stuffing by stirring in Caribbean Peach Lime Chutney and diced apples.
- Give oatmeal a new spark with Apricot Cranberry Walnut Chutney or Plum Currant Ginger Chutney.
- Serve piping hot cornbread with Mango Papaya Chutney as a spread; or use to make a parfait with fruit sorbets.
- Try Apricot Cranberry Walnut as a condiment on sandwiches and wraps—alone or with spicy brown mustard.
- Serve any of these chutneys as a dipping sauce for kabobs or fruit, or use them as glazes for poultry.
We won’t promise you wild times, just delicious times.
Chutneys: Apricot Cranberry Walnut, Caribbean Peach Lime, Mango Papaya, Plum Currant Ginger
Cranberry Sauces: Cranberry Apple Walnut, Cranberry Fig, Cranberry Raspberry, Original
Certified Kosher by KSA
- Cranberry Sauces
Purchase online* at WildThymes.com
Wild Thyme’s Plum Current Ginger Chutney.
*Prices and product availability are verified at publication but are subject to change. Shipping is additional. These items are offered by a third party and THE NIBBLE has no relationship with them. Purchase information is provided as a reader convenience.