Pumpkin mousse combines the best of both worlds: the flavor of spiced pumpkin pie with elegant, creamy mousse. Photo by Kelly Cline.
Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
Light As Air & Perfect For Fall
When pumpkins appear in the fall, it’s an inspiration to think pumpkin desserts. Pie, yes, but we also love pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin mousse. This light and airy pumpkin mousse dessert will delight family and guests, and have them looking forward to enjoying it again next fall!
For an elegant presentation, serve the mousse in Champagne glasses. For fun, serve it in hollowed-out miniature pumpkins.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer.
- Pour rum into a small, heat-proof bowl, then sprinkle on the gelatin.
- Place bowl in a pan and pour simmering water in the pan, reaching to half the height of the bowl.
- Stir to dissolve the gelatin, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- As the gelatin cools, beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl until thick. Gradually beat in the sugar and continue until the mixture is lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, spices and orange zest. Then add the gelatin mixture.
- Using clean beaters, whip the cream until stiff. Gently fold it into the pumpkin mixture. Refrigerate mousse for at least 3 hours.
- To assemble, spoon into individual Champagne glasses, bowls, or hollowed-out and cleaned mini-pumpkins. Garnish as desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Any images are the copyright of their respective owners.