So different, you won’t even think of it as tuna salad.
Recipe: Mediterranean Tuna Salad
With Carrots, Cherries, Feta & Green Beans
If you’re making the same old tuna salad recipe, break out of the box with this unusual combination of ingredients that are a taste delight. If you don’t like feta, you can leave it out or substitute blue cheese.
- 2 (6-ounce) cans white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Salad greens (optional)
- Combine tuna, cooked green beans, dried cherries carrots and celery in a medium bowl. Add salad dressing, feta cheese and Dijon mustard; toss gently until all ingredients are lightly coated.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend. Sprinkle with pine nuts just before servings. Serve over salad greens, if desired.
Makes 4 servings (1 cup each).
Recipe and recipe images courtesy © Cherry Marketing Institute. All rights reserved. Additional material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.