A jar of fudge sauce makes a quick fondue for fresh fruit and brownie bites. Photo courtesy of Sugardaddy’s.
Sweet & Saucy Dessert Sauce
Page 3: Serving Suggestions
This is Page 3 of a three-page article. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
There are recipes aplenty on the Sweet & Saucy website, and your own creativity will guide you to many uses. Here are some of the obvious:
- Dessert Delights: Use the sauces as toppings for brownies, bread pudding, cake (cheesecake, pound cake and other cakes), custard or dessert crepes. You can also use them as plate garnishes: Drizzle them back and forth across the plate before you set down a piece of pie or cake.
- Fondue: Dip fresh fruit, marshmallows and brownie bites in warmed sauce—fudge or caramel. You can hold a fondue party and try all the different flavors. Make it a BYOB party—bring your own brazier and fondue dish, so there can be many pots of sauce on the table or buffet, with partygoers dipping their way up and down.
- Ice Cream: Have a “pairing party” and let guests see what matches they like. Does strawberry ice cream work better with fudge sauce or caramel? Or would that be Cabernet Fudge and Cranberry Caramel? Berry sorbet is also a wonderful partner for chocolate sauce.
Quick Dessert Recipe Ideas
See what you can do with basic kitchen ingredients and a jar of sauce:
- Instant Cinnamon Buns: Pull apart biscuits, spread Cinnamon Caramel Sauce in the center and brush the top with melted butter.
- Sandwich Cookies: Fill shortbread cookies with your favorite fudge sauce. Serve with tea or ice cream.
- Ladyfinger “Profiteroles”: Top ladyfingers with your favorite flavor of sauce plus whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
- Pastry: Fill tart shells or puff pastry with fresh fruit and top with sauce.
Time to get out the date book and start sending invitations!
Sweet & Saucy DESSERT
FUDGE: Amaretto Fudge, Cabernet Fudge, Caramel, Espresso Fudge, Original Fudge, Macadamia White Fudge, Mint Fudge, Orange Liqueur Fudge, Peanut Butter Fudge, RazzBerry Fudge,
Aunt Emily's Cranberry Caramel, Butterscotch Caramel, Chardonnay Peach Caramel, Cinnamon Caramel, Coffee Caramel, Frank's Whiskey Caramel, Original Caramel, Rum Caramel
SEASONAL FLAVORS : Autumn Harvest Caramel, White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge, White Chocolate Strawberry Fudge
Purchase online* at
Five of the twenty varieties of Sweet & Saucy dessert sauce. Photo by Hannah Kaminsky | THE NIBBLE.
*Prices and product availability are verified at publication but are subject to change. Shipping is additional. These items are offered by a third party and THE NIBBLE has no relationship with them. Purchase information is provided as a reader convenience.
Return To Article Index Above
© Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.