Brighten up your appetizer course with Citrus Bruschetta. Photo courtesy
TexaSweet Citrus Marketing.
Page 3: Citrus Bruschetta
This is Page 3 of a nine-page article. Click on the black links below to view the other pages.
On The Menu:
This recipe is a fresh take on the classic Italian hors d’oeuvre. For more traditional flavor, you can also add diced fresh tomatoes. Recipe yields 8 servings.
- 3 Texas Rio Star Grapefruits, sectioned & chopped
- 3 oranges, sectioned & chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Crushed red pepper & salt to taste
- Baguette, sliced & toasted
- Heat butter in frying pan until foaming. Add citrus and onion and toss until combined.
- Add salt and crushed red pepper to taste, cook for 2 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Top baguettes slices with grapefruit mixture and cheese and serve. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Continue To Page 4: Herbed Steamed Shrimp With Spicy Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy TexaSweet Citrus Marketing. All other content