Whether in individual ramekins or a large baking dish, everyone will want seconds of this comfort food. Photo courtesy Cabot Creamery
Last Updated December 2014
Chocolate Cappuccino Noodle Kugel
Page 1: An Updated Version Of A Favorite Jewish Comfort Food
Not exactly Grandma’s noodle kugel with raisins and cottage cheese, this richer version of a noodle pudding uses cream cheese, peach yogurt, chocolate chips and cappuccino coffee mix. And it’s no more trouble to make than an instant cake!
Note that Cabot Creamery, developers of the recipe, used their own peach yogurt, which is packed in 8-ounce containers. Many other brands tend to use 6-ounce containers. So if you’re using another brand, you’ll need to add more.
As with every recipe, it pays to use the best ingredients. There’s a difference between mass-marketed cream cheeses and yogurts and all-natural and organic brands. The preservatives and stabilizers used by mass brands to give them longer shelf life really alter the taste and texture of the product. Go for the best!
If it’s baked in a ring mold, the recipe is called a noodle ring. December 13th is National Noodle Ring Day.
- 8 ounces wide, flat noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces cream cheese (use Cabot or another artisan brand)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (8 ounce) peach yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cappuccino coffee mix
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the noodles over bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until well blended. Add eggs, peach yogurt, 1 tablespoon of the cappuccino mix and half of the chocolate chips. Stir to mix.
- Pour mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until set in center.
- Remove and immediately sprinkle with the remaining cappuccino mix. With a spatula, mix the cappuccino mix together with the softened chocolate chips and spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the kugel. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings.
| Calories: 252
Calories From Fat: 102
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 6g
| Sodium: 203mg
Total Carbohydrate: 30g
Dietary Fiber: <1g
Recipe and photo © copyright Cabot Creamery. All other material © copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.