Ruby Foo’s has two locations: in Times Square (perfect for theatre-goers) and on the Upper West Side (pictured above; near Zabar’s, Fairway, Lincoln Center, and Columbia University). The staircase in this restaurant is a must-see: the most fabulous restaurant staircase in New York. Ruby Foo’s Uptown, 2182 Broadway at 77th Street, New York City, 212.724.6700.
Super Bowl® Recipes
From New York Hot Spots
Most people don’t think “Chinese Food” when they think “Super Bowl®.” So, New York City’s most glamorous Chinese hot spot, Ruby Foo’s, rose to the challenge with Asian-accented American standards, and shared their Super Bowl® recipes with THE NIBBLE™.
Click here for other Super Bowl Snack ideas.
Ruby Foo’s Uptown – Kobe Beef Burger Recipe
- 2.5 pounds ground Kobe beef (or other high-quality beef)
- 1 ounce minced ginger
- 1 ounce minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Mix all ingredients and form into four patties.
- Grill to desired doneness; serve with fries and spicy Asian ketchup (equal parts ketchup and spicy Asian chili paste).
Ruby Foo’s Uptown – Thai Chili Chicken Wings
- 4 dozen chicken wings
- 1 cup flour seasoned with garlic powder, ginger powder, onion powder
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable oil
- Dredge wings in flour, and shake off excess.
- Fry in oil at 375°F for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Toss in Spicy Asian Wing Sauce (recipe below).
Spicy Asian Wing Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Sambal Chili Paste
- ½ pound butter
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter into chili paste. Stir thoroughly.
© Copyright 2005-
2017 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their individual owners.