Send your most serious chocolate connoisseur friend these Kakawa Cocoa Beans from Cocoa Puro. Photo by Kent Lacin.
THE NIBBLE Gourmet Food Magazine
Recommends The Best
Gourmet Food Gift Ideas For The Holidays
December 1, 2007, New York — Busy shoppers looking for the tastiest gourmet food gifts have some help from THE NIBBLE, the online magazine about specialty food (TheNibble.com). The editors, who taste more than 3,000 specialty food products a year, have put together 10 holiday gift lists, focusing on gourmet foods for people with special interests. Gift buyers can peruse more than 100 holiday gift ideas for people who like, love or are passionate about fine food.
- Best Food Books isn’t the usual collection of cookbooks, but 17 books that venture into areas of food readers might like to know more about—from precious truffles to oysters to fine waters.
- How does one choose the Best Chocolate Gifts? After looking at the 200 or so fine chocolate products, the editors selected the eight that most people might never have found on their own—from artisan chocolate sushi to exquisite bonbons to the best chocolate peppermint bark.
- The 11 Best Gourmet Food Gifts are “general” gifts that don’t fall into the nine specialty categories. But there’s nothing ordinary about them—gourmet marshmallows, fine tea, exotic cookies, rose nectar...even an anchovy sauce from Italy that’s the descendant of the garum used by wealthy Romans.
- Want to give liquor? The Best Liquor Gifts include a ginger & Cognac liqueur, espresso-flavored vodka and a boutique gin from Oregon that earned an international award.
- Lucky people who receive one or more of the Best Luxury Food Gifts might have their own lobsterman trap and send them lobsters from Maine, which they can enjoy with a caviar of the month club.
- The collection of Best Diet Gifts includes no-calorie and very low calorie deluxe gourmet treats for the dieter or person on a sugar-free diet.
- For Best Kids’ Gifts there are unusually exciting sweets, of course—plus a too-cool fruit bowl that may make fruit the snack of choice.
- The editors’ ten favorite gifts that just happen to be certified kosher are in a convenient Best Kosher Food Gifts list for kosher food buyers (don’t miss out on the fabulous peanut butter cups and jars of chunky peanut butter).
- For those celebrating an organic or green holiday, the Best Organic & Green Food Gifts have also been separated into an easy-to-find gift list. It includes delicious chocolate truffles, award-winning liquors and goodie baskets.
- Finally, the Best Stocking Stuffers. It’s amazing how many delicious products cost less than $6.00. The most expensive gift is $12.99.
And, if you don’t find exactly what you’re looking for, you can check last year’s gift lists and the 50 other gift lists in the Gift Finder section of TheNibble.com.
Read the full lists of gift recommendations in the December issue of THE NIBBLE.
About THE NIBBLE
THE NIBBLE™, “Great Food Finds,” is an online magazine about specialty foods and the gourmet life. It is the only consumer publication and website that focuses on reviewing the best specialty foods and beverages in every category. THE NIBBLE staff tastes more than 3,000 specialty foods every year and chooses a few hundred “best of the best” for review in the online magazine. In addition, the editors’ Top Pick Of The Week is e-mailed to opt-in subscribers. The magazine also covers tableware, gourmet housewares and other topics of interest to people who love fine food. The monthly magazine, featuring dozens of product reviews, articles and reference materials, was developed to meet the demands of readers—and to meet a gap in the consumer marketplace—for more extensive information about specialty foods. Content, which is free of charge, is also available via RSS and is archived on TheNibble.com for permanent reference. There is also a daily news feed at Blog.TheNibble.com.
© Copyright 2005-2017
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.