Chicken Tostadas With Diced Avocados make a fresh, tasty lunch. Photo courtesy Avocados From Mexico.
Chicken Tostada Recipe
Page 2: Chicken Tostadas With Diced Avocados
This is Page 2 of six-pages of avocado recipes, from breakfast through dinner. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
On The Menu:
Chicken Tostadas With Diced Avocados, Tostadas De Salpicón
This recipe uses pre-cooked rotisserie chicken breast meat to reduce the prep time. Recipe yields 4 tostadas (2 servings).
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 3/4 cup salsa verde (green tomatillo salsa)
- 4 pre-made hard shell tostadas
- Juice of one lime
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium red tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet over medium high heat combine the sliced onions and extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the onions until they become soft and translucent.
- While the onions are cooking, prepare your mashed avocados by combining in a small mixing bowl with the lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Once the onions are soft, reduce the heat to low and add the shredded chicken and salsa verde. Stir to combine, and continue cooking until the chicken and salsa have warmed.
- Make your tostadas by spreading ¼ cup of your mashed avocado mixture on each tostada, then top with ½ cup of the chicken-onion-salsa mixture.
- Finish each tostada by topping with a ¼ cup of diced avocado, a spoonful of diced tomato, a few green onion slices and a few cilantro leaves.
Continue To Page 3: Avocado Gazpacho
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe courtesy Avocados From Mexico. All other materials