The beauty of this pretty red cheesecake belies its simple ingredients and preparation instructions. Photo courtesy of McCormick.
Red Velvet Cheesecake
Vanilla & Red Coloring Combine In This Stunning & Delicious Dessert
One of spice giant McCormick's “Flavor Forecast 2009” combinations, this beautiful cheesecake calls for Vanilla & Red Food Coloring. The lush, alluring flavor of vanilla and the joyous hue of red transform the show-stopping qualities of red velvet cake into updated indulgences. Recipe yields 8 servings.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon red food color
- 1 prepared chocolate crumb crust (6 ounces)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed, just until blended.
- Measure 1 cup batter into medium bowl. Stir in melted chocolate and food color. Pour into crust. Top with remaining (plain) cheesecake batter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from refrigerator an hour before serving to allow to come to room temperature. Optional:
Drizzle cheesecake with chocolate or hot fudge dessert topping just before serving.
Recipe courtesy McCormick. Other other material © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.