If Mummy says no, ask Daddy—but be sure to make this recipe. Photo courtesy Pillsbury.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Vegetables
Recipe: Spooky Shepherd’s Pie
A Graveyard Of Great Halloween Food
This is Page 3 of a four-page article of Halloween recipes. Click the black links below to visit other pages.
On The Menu:
Spooky Shepherd’s Pie
Don’t be afraid to play with your food on Halloween. This recipe from Pillsbury turns the classic Shepherd’s pie into a group of ghoulish ghosts. Boo!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups Progresso diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained (from
- 1 jar (12-ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/4 cups instant mashed potatoes (or prepare your own)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Set aside 12 peas for garnish from the bag of Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed vegetables. Add remaining frozen vegetables, tomatoes and gravy; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring water, margarine and garlic powder to a boil. Remove from heat; add milk. Stir in potato flakes and cheese. Add egg; blend well.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) or oval (2-1/2-quart) glass baking dish. With a large spoon, make 6 mounds of potato mixture on top of beef mixture to resemble ghosts. Place 2 reserved peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set and mixture is thoroughly heated.
Go To The Next Recipe: Halloween Chocolate “Pumpkin Bundt” Cake
Go To Article Index Above
Recipe © copyright Pillsbury. All rights reserved. All other material © copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyright of their respective owners.