Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Vegetables
Recipe: Mummified Mashed Potatoes
Turn Everyday Potatoes Into A Hit Halloween Food
This is Page 2 of a four-page article of Halloween recipes. Click the black links below to visit other pages.
On The Menu:
Mummified Mashed Potatoes
These cute potato mummies from the Idaho Potato Commission will liven up the plate of any young child—or the young at heart. Recipe yields 4 mummies.
- 1/2 box (4 cups) instant mashed Idaho potatoes (or prepare your own)
- Corn husk* (fresh or packaged)
- Black olive slices for eyebrows
- Corn kernels for ears
- Green onion tops for clothing
- Herbs for eyelashes
- Peas and carrots for eyes
- Rosemary sprigs for cape
- Sliced radishes and olive halves for shoes
*Note: Corn husks are used to enhance the visual appearance;they are not edible. The recipe can be prepared without corn husks.
Additional suggestions to customize your mummy mashed potatoes:
- Green beans
- Red, yellow, green bell pepper slices
- Sugar snap peas
- After preparing mashed potatoes, let potatoes cool.
- Place opened corn husk on plate and place a large dollop of potatoes (approximately 3/4 cup) (approximately 3/4 cup) in center of husk. Gently mold potatoes into the oblong shape of a mummy.
- Select vegetables to create mummy features and clothing; carefully press the vegetables into potatoes. Serve immediately.
Continue To Page 3: Spooky Shepherd’s Pie
Go To Recipe Index Above
Recipe © Idaho Potato Commission. All rights reserved. All other material © copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.