Instead of PB&J, try biscoff spread (spéculoos spread) and jam or jelly, with a sliced banana for nutrition. Photo courtesy Cinema Addict | Flickr.
Product Reviews / Main Nibbles / Bread Products
Make A Biscoff Spread Sandwich As A Peanut Butter Substitue
Page 5: Use Biscoff Spread Instead Of Peanut Butter For Sandwiches & Snacks
CAPSULE REPORT: This is the fifth page of recipe ideas for spéculoos spread, known in the U.S. as biscoff spread. Here, a terrific subsitute for a peanut butter sandwich. Click on the black links below to visit other pages.
Biscoff spread (spéculoos spread) is a delicious peanut butter alternative that contains no nuts. It’s delicious for everyone who likes a bit of spice (the principal flavor is ginger) in a creamy spread. In fact, the kids may like it even more when they know that it’s made of ground gingersnap cookies.
It’s a home run lunch box sandwich if your school system doesn’t allow peanut butter and other peanut products. And half or whole, this sandwich is a welcome snack.
Spéculoos Sandwich Recipe
Makes one sandwich.
- 2 slices whole grain bread or other
whole grain bread
- Biscoff spread
- 3 strawberries, washed, dried and
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon or more strawberry
preserves or apple jelly
- Spread the bottom slice of bread lightly with biscoff spread.
- Top with 3 sliced strawberries and 6 slices of banana that have been tossed with one teaspoon of strawberry preserves or apple jelly.
- Or, save a step and spread the top layer of bread with the preserves/jelly.
- Add the second slice of bread, cut sandwich into halves and serve.
Biscoff spread, as spéculoos spread is known in the U.S., with an apple wedge. Photo courtesy Lotus Bakeries.
You can easily add your own creative spin to the recipe.
- Consider a sprinkle of shredded coconut or another fruit, such as crunchy apple slices. For a more sophisticated take, add sliced dates and/or figs.
- For a sweeter treat, add some miniature chocolate chips or shaved chocolate.
- We like to make this sandwich as a grilled panino (referred to in the plural form, panini, in the U.S.).
- You can create a pancake or waffle sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
- Use the Contact Us form on this page to share your own favorite uses.
Go To The Article Index Above
Recipe © Lotus Bakeries
Related Food Videos:
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.
Recipe courtesy Woodhouse Chocolate. All other materials © Copyright 2005-
Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.