“Ottimo” gelato cookie sandwiches from Ciao Bella Gelato, using cookies from Eleni’s New York, can be purchased from CiaoBellaGelato.com.
Updated July 2009
Gourmet Ice Cream Sandwiches
Fast, Easy, Impressive....& Irresistible
As much as we grew up loving them, there’s a world of excitement beyond those commercial vanilla ice cream sandwiches with soggy chocolate wafers...and even the yummier versions sandwiched between chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies. With exciting, gourmet cookies and top-grade ice cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet, you can make ice cream sandwiches that are out of this world.
Matching Cookies & Ice Cream
Dancing Deer Baking Co. and Ciao Bella Gelato Company are two of our favorite providers of “fixings” for gourmet ice cream sandwiches. How many different matches can you make, just from the cookies and ice creams below?
|Choose A Cookie
From Dancing Deer
|Choose A Gelato or Sorbetto
From Ciao Bella
- Cherry Almond Ginger
- Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Tangerine
- Mango Coconut Macadamia
- Maple Oatmeal Raisin
- Molasses Clove
- Sugar Cane Lime
- Blood Orange Sorbetto
- Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato
- Dulce de Leche Gelato
- Espresso Gelato
- Green Tea Gelato
- Hazelnut Gelato
- Mango Sorbetto
- Pistachio Gelato
- Vanilla Gelato
- Go old-fashioned: Vanilla Gelato with Molasses Clove Cookies
- Go tropical: Mango Sorbetto with Mango Coconut Macadamia Cookies
- Go nouvelle: Blood Orange Sorbetto with Chocolate Tangerine Cookies, Pistachio Gelato with Sugar Cane Lime Cookies
Dancing Deer cookies and Ciao Bella sorbetti (most sorbetti flavors, including those above) are certified kosher by Star-K.
Here’s How To Make Ice Amazing Cream Sandwiches
- Choose your cookies (for inspiration, check out the selection at DancingDeer.com or see our chart above).
- Select your favorite ice cream, gelato or sorbetto (see an explanation of the differences here) to complement the cookie flavor.
- Soften the ice cream—in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes or about at room temperature five minutes, depending on the size of container and the temperature of the room. The goal is to soften the ice cream without melting it.
Chewy Cookie Sampler: Cherry Almond Ginger
Chews, Chocolate Tangerine, Molasses Clove,
and Sugar Cane Lime.
- Place an empty cookie sheet in the freezer, so sandwiches can be immediately transferred and frozen as you make them.
- Add a generous dollop of softened ice cream to the center of the “bottom” cookie (topside facing downward).
- Add the top cookie (bottom-side downward), and press just until the ice cream reaches the edges. There should be ¾" to 1" of ice cream layered in between.
- Place sandwiches on a tray in the freezer and let them set for at least one hour before eating. If you do not plan to eat them within a few hours, wrap them tightly with plastic wrap after they have set for an hour.
© Copyright 2005-2014 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. Recipes are the copyright of their respective owners. Images are the copyright of their respective owners.